WOW (World of Wine) – a superb regeneration of the historic Vila Nova de Gaia area in Porto, Portugal – is a must-visit tourist destination for wine-lovers and older families in 2021.
Since opening on 31st July 2020, WOW has become a new cultural hub and vibrant wine district in Porto, following more than five years of development and over £100 million of investment.
Home to a series of experiences featuring educational presentations, interactive displays and historical artefacts, WOW brings Portugal’s identity and heritage to life for the whole family.
The latest pieces to be added to WOW are the Fashion & Fabric Museum and Mira Mira restaurant, which will be launching in January 2021.
What can you discover?
- The Chocolate Story will take visitors on an exploration of its rich history and flavoursome world
- The Bridge Collection – 9,000 Years of Drinking tells the story of humanity through the evolution of drinking vessels
- Porto Region Across the Ages aims to lay bare Porto’s history, helping to put the city, its people and culture into context
- Planet Cork will help visitors discover cork and explore this underplayed sustainable and innovative industry
- The Wine Experience demystifies wine, taking visitors on a sensorial journey of discovery – exploring regions, climates, grape varieties, and production methods
The project is spearheaded by The Fladgate Partnership, owners of iconic Port wine brands such as Taylor, Croft, Fonseca, and Krohn, as well as luxury hotels in Portugal including The Yeatman and Infante Sagres in Porto, and The Vintage House Hotel in the Douro Valley.
To learn more about WOW, visit: www.wow.pt